This is another delicious way to cook barbecue ribs. I like it just the same as when I boil or steam the ribs first then slather it with barbecue sauce and finish cooking it on stove top grill.
Letting the oven do the work is much easier, less clean up and minimal work. It takes longer to cook though and sometimes I don’t want to turn on the oven just for cooking one thing for a long time so I usually do this when I’m doing a baking session.
Baked Barbecue Ribs
- Preheat oven to 300 F degrees.
- Wash and pat-dry ribs.
- Put ribs in a foil line baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, black peppercorn.
- Massage the oil and seasoning onto he ribs. Tuck a bay leaf under.
- Cover ribs with another sheet of foil.
- Bake for about 2 hours in the preheated oven ( check if it's tender enough for you.
- Let it bake longer if need be about 120 mins more.
- Combine barbecue sauce and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Take out ribs from the oven, turn the oven temperaure to 375 degrees.
- Take off the foil cover from the tray.
- Brush generously both sides with barbecue sauce.
- Broil for 20-15 mins.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. (optional)
- Serve with your favorite side dish, I like mine with veggies.