Delicately sweet with just a touch of cinnamon; these cookies are perfect with tea and a good book..ahh, life is sweet 🙂
I don’t get to have that alone time any more BUT I’m not complaining, having tea and cookies with the kids and my hubby watching Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob on Nickelodeon is just as good even better.
These cookies have just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy the sugar monster in me, and it’s a breeze to make too. It has only few ingredients so make sure you use good butter only, don’t use margarine, not on these cookies, it will affect the taste (believe me, I’ve tried), after all it’s butter cookies so use butter only please.
These are best eaten the day it’s made and it’s addictive too so be careful if you’re on a diet..
make the batter, form it into balls, roll into mini-logs and form into crescents, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar and bake..
ALMOND BUTTER CRESCENTS
Sunset Magazine (Feb 2009)
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup finely ground almonds
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300F degrees. In a bowl with a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Addd ground almonds and flour; mix on lowest speed until dough holds together. (Alternately you can just use a bowl and a wooden spoon to do this step, it’s a good workout for the arms ^ ^)
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and and roll each into a 2-inch rope. On 2 large baking sheets, form each rope into a crescent, tapering to points at ends and spacing cookies about 1-inch apart.
3. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies.
4. Bake until cookies begin to turn golden at edges, switching pan positions in oven halfway through baking, about 25 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely.
serve with tea.. milk for the little ones
Almond Butter Crescents
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 300F DEGREES. IN A BOWL WITH A MIXER, BEAT BUTTER AND SUGAR UNTIL CREAMY. ADDD GROUND ALMONDS AND FLOUR; MIX ON LOWEST SPEED UNTIL DOUGH HOLDS TOGETHER. (ALTERNATELY YOU CAN JUST USE A BOWL AND A WOODEN SPOON TO DO THIS STEP, IT’S A GOOD WORKOUT FOR THE ARMS ^ ^)
- SHAPE DOUGH INTO 1-INCH BALLS AND AND ROLL EACH INTO A 2-INCH ROPE. ON 2 LARGE BAKING SHEETS, FORM EACH ROPE INTO A CRESCENT, TAPERING TO POINTS AT ENDS AND SPACING COOKIES ABOUT 1-INCH APART.
- IN A BOWL, COMBINE 1 TABLESPOON OF SUGAR AND 1 TEASPOON OF CINNAMON; SPRINKLE OVER COOKIES.
- BAKE UNTIL COOKIES BEGIN TO TURN GOLDEN AT EDGES, SWITCHING PAN POSITIONS IN OVEN HALFWAY THROUGH BAKING, ABOUT 25 MINUTES. LET COOL ON PANS FOR 5 MINUTES THEN TRANSFER TO RACKS TO COOL COMPLETELY.