One of the best cookies I’ve tried.. it’s chewy, nutty, yummy and healthy. I didn’t expect I will like it this much because it doesn’t have my fave ingredient: chocolates!! I was tempted to add chocolate chips but this recipe has great reviews over at the food network site so I decided I will just replace the flour with whole wheat pastry flour and do the recipe exactly as written, and I’m glad I did. These for me are the perfect cookies…without chocolate chips that is.
Leslie of Lethally Delicious chose this recipe for the barefoot bloggers group. It’s the first of two recipes for this month. Thank you Ina Garten! 🙂
enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee.. life is good! 🙂
RAISIN PECAN OATMEAL COOKIES
2008, Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics
courtesy of Food Network
1 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 cups raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the pecans on a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes, until crisp. Set aside to cool. Chop very coarsely.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats, raisins, and pecans and mix just until combined.
Using a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 2-inch mounds of dough onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a damp hand. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.
♥ Thanks for reading…have a nice day!! 🙂 ♥
Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 1/2 CUPS PECANS
- 1/2 POUND 2 STICKS UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 CUP Dark Brown Sugar LIGHTLY PACKED
- 1 CUP Granulated Sugar
- 2 EXTRA-LARGE EGGS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 TEASPOONS PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 1/2 CUPS All-Purpose Flour I USED WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 3 CUPS OLD-FASHIONED OATMEAL
- 1 1/2 CUPS RAISINS
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
- PLACE THE PECANS ON A SHEET PAN AND BAKE FOR 5 MINUTES, UNTIL CRISP. SET ASIDE TO COOL. CHOP VERY COARSELY.
- IN THE BOWL OF AN ELECTRIC MIXER FITTED WITH THE PADDLE ATTACHMENT, BEAT THE BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR, AND GRANULATED SUGAR TOGETHER ON MEDIUM-HIGH SPEED UNTIL LIGHT AND FLUFFY. WITH THE MIXER ON LOW, ADD THE EGGS, ONE AT A TIME, AND THE VANILLA.
- SIFT THE FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, CINNAMON, AND SALT TOGETHER INTO A MEDIUM BOWL. WITH THE MIXER ON LOW, SLOWLY ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE BUTTER MIXTURE. ADD THE OATS, RAISINS, AND PECANS AND MIX JUST UNTIL COMBINED.
- USING A SMALL ICE-CREAM SCOOP OR A TABLESPOON, DROP 2-INCH MOUNDS OF DOUGH ONTO SHEET PANS LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER. FLATTEN SLIGHTLY WITH A DAMP HAND. BAKE FOR 12 TO 15 MINUTES, UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWNED. TRANSFER THE COOKIES TO A BAKING RACK AND COOL COMPLETELY.