I have always imagined that I will be making pasta ai fungi for a special occasion; a romantic dinner for me and my husband perhaps but the reality is my husband and I don’t do romantic dinners. We like to involve our kids, special occasions are always a family affair for us. 🙂
The first time I made this dish was not a special day, not even a weekend. After fetching our youngest from school we passed by the grocery and I picked up 2 packs of mushrooms among other things and decided I will make pasta ai funghi for dinner. This is a a very easy dish to make anyway.
It’s been in my head for the longest time, I was just waiting for the perfect time to make it, I guess that day was the day. 😉
Like I said, this dish is very simple and easy to cook with very few ingredients but they’re quite expensive that’s why it falls into my category of special dishes for special occasions but then again, eating out costs more. 🙂
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Saute garlic, onion and mushroom in extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper
add white wine and let simmer for about 3 minutes
add the cooked fettucine
add parsley and mix
Fettuccine ai Funghi
- Boil water in a pot, add salt when the water boils then add fettucccine and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add minced garlic, onion.
- Cook for about a minute then add fresh mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then add white wine.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes then add cooked fettuccine.
- Mix until well-combined, add parsley flakes.
- Grate parmesan cheese or spinkle grated parmesan cheese before serving.
- Serve with herbed garlic bread or garlic rolls.