I like my food hot and spicy so I thought why not my cake, too?! 🙂
Make it today or anytime. No need for special occasion to have a delicious, home made cake to share with your loved ones and friends.
Chili Chocolate Cake
A wicked twist to my favorite chocolate cake 🙂
FOR THE CAKE:
- 8 ounces Dark Chocolate broken into pieces
- 8 ounces Salted Butter softened and chopped, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 3 pcs Red Birds Eye Chili finely chopped
- 6 pcs Eggs medium size
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 5 tbsp Flour ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne Powder optional or use less if you're scared lol
- Cocoa Powder to serve
FOR THE CAKE:
- Heat oven to 375ºF
- Grease an 8 ½ (22cm) springform cake tin with soft butter and line the bottom with baking parchment.
- Shake a little flour around the buttered edges.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave.
- Whisk the eggs with the brown sugar and caster sugar, either in an electric mixer or with an electric hand whisk, for 5-10 mins until thick and pale.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the beaten eggs and sugar, and gently mix until smooth.
- Add the almonds (if using) and flour and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 mins until the cake is set but with a slight jiggle in the centre.
- (If the cake is starting to brown too quickly, cover with a piece of aluminum foil)
- Leave to cool in the tin – it will sink a little as it cools.
- Run a knife around the inside of the cake tin to loosen.
- Remove the baking parchment and place on a cake stand.
FOR THE GANACHE:
- Heat cream in a heavy-bottomed pan, turn off heat and add chocolate pieces.
FOR WHIPPED CREAM:
- Whisk the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Serve on the side or spoon on top of the cake dusted with a little cocoa powder.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!