One of my favorite pasta dishes to make. Easy, delicious. Rich in calcium and protein and some fats perfect for growing kids and cheese-loving adults. My family loves it. I sometimes substitute yogurt in place of cream if I’m feeling extra health-conscious 🙂
This is with bacon, folks..bacon! And lots of cheese..hmmm
Why are you still here? 😀
Three-Cheese Pasta with Bacon
- 250 grams Bacon cooked crisp and crunchy or the way you like
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1-2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- Chili Flakes
- Parsley dried or fresh
- 1 cup Cooking Cream or yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 50 grams Cheddar Cheese grated
- 50 grams Pecorino Cheese grated
- 50 grams Mozarella Cheese grated
- 12 ounces Fettuccine or spaghetti / or your favorite pasta
- Cook pasta according to package direction.
- Set aside some pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, place a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, when it's hot enough, add minced garlic, saute until lightly browned.
- Add chili flakes.
- Pour cream or yogurt, add parsley and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add your grated cheeses, stir until it melts.
- Add some water if it's too thick.
- Put the cooked fettuccine, mix well, add more water if needed.
- I want my sauce like this, thick and clinging well to the pasta.
- But to each his own.
- Just add a little water at a time..you are not making a soup here 😀
- Lastly, add the bacon and mix well.
- That's it. Very simple.
- Pair with garlic bread. Enjoy 🙂