This is my version of the classic egg salad. I find it strange that I like egg salad because I don’t like mayonnaise. I turn my nose up to anything with mayonnaise–including my mom’s specialty, macaroni salad. I know it annoys her so that I wouldn’t have any. I’ve had a taste of it, of course and it’s actually very good but I can’t eat a lot of it only a couple spoonfuls… mayo is really not to my liking. I’m not sure if it’s the texture or smell but it’s not appetizing to me but then I like it when it’s mixed with mashed boiled egg. I know… weird, huh.
Here’s my egg salad recipe, complete with mayo– I use the Japanese mayonnaise- kewpie, which I like because it’s lighter in consistency and less oily than the one I normally use.
Enjoy this egg salad with warm toasted bread or alone or with veggies for those who are on a low-carb diet or on Keto diet.
- Mixing Bowl
- Chef Knife
- Personal Fridge
- 4 pcs Eggs hard boiled
- 1 pc Red Onion medium size / minced or chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Flakes dried
- 1/2 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheese mild cheddar, fontina or your favorite cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Peel the boiled eggs and separate yolk and egg whites.
- Put yolks in a bowl and mashed it.
- Chop the egg whites into small cubes, add to the yolks.
- Add chopped onion and parsley flakes, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add kewpie mayonnaise and grated cheese. Mix well. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Spread on top of your toast, stuff it in beween slices of bread or use as a dip for your veggies.
- Keep the excess in the fridge and use next day or two.