I’m borrowing a line from Rachel Ray: I call this my Chicken Curry in a hurry. This dish is really simple and takes no time to make that is if you remembered to thaw the chicken.
Chicken curry is one of my family’s favorite dishes, I usually use bone-in chicken pieces to make this but when I’m busy and have little time to cook, I use skinless chicken thigh fillet because it cooks really fast, you may substitute chicken breast if you don’t like dark meat. I use fresh coconut milk here but if you don’t have it, canned coconut milk is okay. This dish is really, really good with hot rice. Try it! 🙂
heat oil and saute chicken fillet, add curry powder and veggies
add coconut milk..simmer until meat is tender and veggies are cooked
add pure coconut milk and just heat through..that’s it! Done in less than 30 minutes.. 😉
Easy Chicken Curry In A Hurry
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 400 grams Chicken Thigh Fillet or tenders
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion medium size / minced
- 3 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 pcs Potatoes small or medium size / cut into chunks
- 1 pc Carrot small size
- Fish Sauce to taste (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili Flakes
- Green Chilis cut the tip off to release aroma and heat
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat.
- Saute chicken fillet pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- While chicken is cooking, start peeling and slicing the vegetable.
- Add the curry powder and cook for a minute.
- Then add the chili pepper flakes, potatoes and carrots and the green chilis.
- Pour a cup of coconut milk and season with patis (fish sauce) to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- When almost cooked, add 1/4 cup pure coconut milk (kakang gata).
- Cook until just heated through.
- Serve warm with hot rice, Yummy!