I’ve mentioned so many times before how nuts I am about coconuts even more so when a recipe is this easy. Although I made my pastry crust from scratch, it’s still easier than this:
..this is the coconut cream pie that I made last week; and while it was delicious, I was disappointed with how my custard turned out, it didn’t firm up, I must have done something wrong plus it was a tad too sweet for me..BUT this French coconut pie from Paula Deen is not!
make the pie crust, pour in the filling..
..and serve! I told you it’s easy! I♥ Paula Deen! 🙂
It just came to me while I’m making this post..I think this will be even better with a meringue frosting; ohh,I can just imagine how delicious it would be…yum! Why didn’t I think of it before..next time, next time.. It’ll be an extra step but I think it’ll be worth the trouble 🙂
FRENCH COCONUT PIE
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 (3 1/2–ounce) can shredded sweetened coconut (about 1 cup)
1 cup milk
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell or make your own like I did:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until a ball of dough is formed. Roll out the dough to fit the pie plate. Transfer dough to pie plate and flute the edges. Set aside.
Make the pie:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, flour, sugar, coconut, and milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake until firm, about 45 to 60 minutes.
Thanks for dropping by….have a nice day y’all! 😉
French Coconut Pie
- 4 TABLESPOONS 1/2 STICK BUTTER, MELTED
- 2 EGGS BEATEN
- 1 TABLESPOON All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 CUP SUGAR
- 1 3 1/2–OUNCE CAN SHREDDED SWEETENED COCONUT (ABOUT 1 CUP)
- 1 CUP MILK
- 1 9-INCH UNBAKED PIE SHELL OR MAKE YOUR OWN LIKE I DID:
- 1 1/2 CUPS All-Purpose Flour
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 2/3 SHORTENING
- 1/4 CUP WATER
- IN A BOWL, COMBINE FLOUR AND SALT. CUT IN SHORTENING UNTIL MIXTURE RESEMBLES COARSE CRUMBS.
- ADD WATER, A TABLESPOON AT A TIME, UNTIL A BALL OF DOUGH IS FORMED. ROLL OUT THE DOUGH TO FIT THE PIE PLATE. TRANSFER DOUGH TO PIE PLATE AND FLUTE THE EDGES. SET ASIDE.
- MAKE THE PIE:
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F. IN A LARGE BOWL, COMBINE MELTED BUTTER, EGGS, FLOUR, SUGAR, COCONUT, AND MILK. POUR INTO PIE SHELL. BAKE UNTIL FIRM, ABOUT 45 TO 60 MINUTES.