I have never tasted lemon curd before and I’ve always wanted to make a batch at home. I imagine it would be deliciously tangy, perfect with something sweet and delicious.. like layer cakes, doughnuts, lemon rolls and trifle.
My family is not a big fan of lemony desserts but they always eat (and most of the time like it too) what I make so we will see. 😊 (Actually, I already used this lemon curd for coconut cake and it was well received..it’s coming up next post 😃)
About the recipe..
I chose to use Ina Garten’s recipe among so many, I find it the easiest, the process is similar to making cookies or creamed cakes but instead of adding flour towards the end, you transfer the mixture in a saucepan to cook.
I used a fine grater to get the zest of the lemons, if you have a microplane, that’s gonna make it easier. It took only 2 1/2 lemons for me to get the 1/2 cup lemon juice that the recipe asks for, rolling them firmly on the counter really helps to get as much juice from the lemons. 😀
I added a little more sugar because I find it too tart, my family will likely to eat it if it’s more on the sweet side.
Making it is really simple, anyone can do it even without a mixer..a wooden spoon and bowl will do the job just as well, I believe. 😊
Mix sugar and lemon zest in the bowl of the mixer.
Cream butter and lemon-sugar mixture until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
Pour in the lemon juice..
Then transfer the mixture in a saucepan and..
…cook until it thickens over moderate fire/ heat.
Transfer to a jar with lid and keep in the fridge when completely cooled.
- Remove the zest of 3 lemons, using a fine grater or microplane.3 pcs Lemon
- Add to the sugar and mix well.1½ cups Sugar
- Cream butter and lemon-sugar in the mixer until light and fluffy.1½ cups Sugar
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt.4 pcs Eggs
- Mix until combined.⅛ teaspoon Fine Salt
- Tranfer the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, cool then transfer to jars/containers with cover.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
♥ Have a nice day! God Bless! ♥