I tried a new way to enjoy chocolate chips cookies for us. I used Martha Stewart’s thin and crisp cookie recipe , but I used less sugar and added a couple tablespoons of coffee powder ( which you can skip if you don’t like it) and instead of using chocolate chips, I grated some bittersweet chocolate ( because I ran out of chocolate chips haha); you could finely or roughly chop the chocolates, but grating it is so much easier. You could actually use your favorite chocolate chips cookie recipe and just add some water to the dough to make it thinner so it will spread easily once in the oven.
These cookies are so good freshly baked…it’s deliciously thin and crisp as expected although when stored, some of the cookies went soft and crumbled. 🙁 One of the culprits (I read from a baking forum site) could be because I under-bake some of the cookies (as you can see in the photos they are not uniform in color) and when you store them together in a container the moisture from those under-bake cookies make them soft. I need more practice baking this type of cookies; next time I will not bake the whole batch of cookie dough, I’ll just make enough for one sitting, maybe with just a little extra to store to see if it will keep well. Fresh cookies are the best, anyway..whether it’s soft and chewy or thin and crisp.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crisps
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups about 12 ounces semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- STEP 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, 1/4 cup water, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 2
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- STEP 3
- Bake until cookies are golden brown 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.