Warm, fresh cookies out of the oven are always a treat. One can never go wrong with cookies.
And since chocolate chip cookies are really simple with only a few ingredients. Always use good quality real butter and chocolate for really yummy cookies.
Bits of pecans and coffee powder makes these cookies so extra:D I
love pecans and I’m definitely a coffee lover so this makes it one of my favorite cookies.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Frying Pan
- Range Oven
- Measure Cup
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Silicone Baking Spatula
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 2 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Butter (salted or unsalted) softened to room temp
- 1 ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 pcs Eggs large size
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Coffee Powder
- 1 ½ cups Bittersweet Chocolate cut into small chunks
- ¾ cup Pecans chopped into small pieces
- This step is optional – Heat a pan over high heat, when pan is hot, add pecans, lower heat and stir and toast pecans for a couple of minutes until it is slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking sheets with butter or use parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and coffee powder in a bowl; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition then add the vanilla. Mix well.
- Gradually tap in the flour mixture at low speed. Mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and pecan pieces using silicon spatula.
- Scoop cookie dough using a small ice cream scoop, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are set and slighly browned.
- Serve warm with milk or coffee.