This dish is absolutely delicious. It only has three main ingredients. Pomodoro sauce, pork broth and shrimp (fresh or frozen)!
They are very similar except that marinara has chunkier tomatoes and has a thinner or runny consistency, when I want pomodoro sauce, I just put the marinara in a blender or food processor to make it thicker.
I also like to keep a jar of broth in the fridge. I save the broth whenever I make our favorite bbq ribs, it’s full of flavor!
Having broth and pomodoro readily available helps me make delicious meal with just a few simple ingredients.
Like this spicy shrimp pomodoro:)
Enjoy it with rice, pasta or crusty bread!
Heat a sauté pan and add oil, sauté garlic, onion in olive oil, then add chilis and pomodoro
add stock or and simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat. Add more stock if liquid dries out. You should see some oil starting to come out..
add the pan-fried shrimp
and parsley flakes or fresh parsley if you have some. Cook for about 2 minutes more
Do a taste taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve with rice or as pasta sauce.
Spicy Shrimp Pomodoro
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 350 grams Shrimp peeled and deveined / frozen or fresh
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium Red Onion minced
- 1 ½ cups Pomodoro Sauce or homemade marinara sauce or store-bought
- 3 pcs Green Chili Peppers
- 3 pcs Red Chili Peppers
- 1 cup Chicken Stock or chicken broth / pork broth / shrimp broth
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes or fresh parsley if available
- Fish Sauce or sea salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Heat a saute pan over high heat. Add olive oil.
- Wash and pat-dry shrimp with paper towels.
- Lightly season with garlic salt and ground black pepper.
- Pan fry shrimp in the pan until they turn pink.
- Flip to cook the other side.
- Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan.
- Saute garlic, onion until soft.
- Add red and green chili peppers.
- Add the pomodoro or marinara sauce.
- Stir then add the broth.
- Season lightly with fish sauce or sea salt.
- Cover pan and let sauce simmer for about half an hour on low heat.
- (if liquid dries out, add more stock/broth or water)
- After half an hour or when you see oil start to come out or separate, add pan-fried shrimp, stir to mix then add parsley flakes.
- Mix and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Do a taste test to check if seasoning is right for your taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish or pour over cooked spaghetti or as rice topping.
- Or enjoy with a crusty bread.
- Bon Appetit!