Use good kind of cooking oil in frying such as olive oil, corn, canola or coconut lauric oil if you have issues about fried food to lessen your guilt (or the damage to your diet;)) and go easy on the rice :)
You may choose to deep-fry the chicken pieces, I prefer pan-frying since I don’t want to use too much oil for just a few ounces of meat then discard it eventually ’cause I don’t like re-using oil.
lay chicken pieces on paper towels to drain excess oil
Make the sauce
add the cooked chicken back in the pan and mix well to evenly coat chicken with sauce; plate and serve..easy, right?! Now go and make it..go..now! jk ;)
|General Tso’s Chicken|
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken fillet (thigh or breast), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 3 slices peeled ginger, finely minced or grated
- 2 clovesgarlic, finely minced
- 4-5 dried red chiles, rinsed and deseeded
- 2 stalks scallion, cut into 1-inch length
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin ( sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Put the chicken pieces in a deep bowl, with salt and pepper then add beated egg and cornstarch; mix well to evenly coat chicken.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons (or more) of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat; add chicken pieces when oil is hot, cook until chicken pieces turned light brown on both sides.
- Using a slotted spoon, take chicken out of pan; drain the excess oil by laying the chicken on a dish lined with paper towels.
- Discard excess oil from the pan but leave about a tablespoon, if you don’t have any oil left in the pan, then add about a tablespoon of oil, when it gets hot enough, saute the minced ginger, garlic, and dried chilies and stir-fry until you smell the spicy aroma of the chilies.
- Pour the sauce into the pan. When the sauce boils and thickens, add the chicken, stir to combine well with the sauce.
- Add the scallion and stir a few times, dish out and serve immediately.
♥ Have a nice day! :) GOD Bless! ♥
Powered by Facebook Comments