I made this to use up some leftover yolks from making Angel Food Cake.
I didn’t want to make another lemon curd which my family find a little tart for their taste, I was thankful that they still ate the donuts and cake that I made with lemon curd.
It was all delicious, but they really prefer a sweeter curd filling. So I thought.. mango.
Mango is sweet with just a hint of tang / tartness so this should be perfect plus I also planned on using it as filling for rolls, in place of lemon (which I did and will post it too, soon).
This is great filling for cakes and trifles which I will definitely try next time I have a chance to make this again and I (with fingers crossed) hope my family will like it. They did like mago curd rolls, btw. Yay!
Happy Cooking! ü
- Puree mango, sugar, lime juice and salt in a food processor, scraping down sides of work bowl occasionally.
- Add yolks then puree 15 seconds longer.
- Strain through strainer set over large metal bowl, pressing on solids with back of spatula to release as much puree as possible.
- Discard solids in strainer.
- Set metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water).
- Whisk puree until thickened and thermometer registers 170°F., about 10 minutes.
- Remove from over water.
- Whisk in butter 1 piece at a time.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.