The sweet potato bread dough makes really good cinnamon rolls.
See how the dough is made here
You can choose to make 8 big cinnamon rolls or divide the dough in half and make 2 sets of smaller rolls. The photos show small rolls, I divided the dough into two; I made dinner rolls with the other half.
After an hour rise, punch the dough down and using a rolling pin, roll into a large rectangle
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Add raisins (optional)
roll the dough starting with the side near you and divide into 8 equal pieces
arrange cinnamon rolls in a lightly greased baking dish.
Let rise for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F degree
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until top is golden brown
You can stop here but cinnamon rolls are so much better with creamy glaze
For the topping, mix softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl
add in the powdered sugar..
then the milk and stir well until smooth
pour topping on hot cinnamon rolls..ooh..
Cinnamon Rolls (Sweet Potato Bread Dough)
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
For the Filling
- When yeast mixture is frothy, add salt, 3 tbsp sugar, mashed sweet potato, melted butter and beaten eggs. Mix well with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Add 3 cups of flour to the mixture and using wooden spoon, stir until shaggy dough forms. Reserve the 1/2 cup for dusting the surface and your hands and if the dough is too sticky.
- Turn out dough into a lightly floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes. Form dough into a bowl. OIl the mixing bowl and put the ball of dough in it, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour or until double in size.
- After an hour, remove plastic wrap and punch dough down to release the air. Transfer to your work surface and roll dough into a rectangle (13x20) to make 8 big cinnamon rolls or divide dough into 2 and make 2 batch of smaller rolls (16 pcs)
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon powder and nutmeg, mix well.
- Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Add raisins, if using.
- Roll dough beginning from the end nearest you. Lighty pinch end to seal. Cut rolled up dough into 8 equal pieces and arrange on a lighly greased baking dish.Allow to rise until it's doubled, about 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- When dough is ready, bake in the preheared oven for about 20 mins or until brown on top.
To make the glaze
- combine softened butter and cream cheese in a small mixing bowl until free of lumps
- add powdered sugar, mix well then pour in milk and stir until smooth.
- pour onto freshly baked cinnamon rolls