This is a very simple pasta dish, similar to aglio e olio and truffle oil pasta. I like to make this on days when I need to get dinner on the table quickly. That’s usually when I’m already tired and super-hungry, no energy even for a drive-thru and no patience to wait for delivery. 😀
I don’t need to chop anything, so less clean up too. I do not drain the pasta anymore, I just put the pot closer to the pan, then transfer the cooked pasta into the sauce using tongs. I grate the cheeses into a bowl which I also used for my serving of pasta…one less bowl to wash 🙂
- 12 ounces spaghetti (you may also use fettuccine, bucatini)\
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½ - 2 cups of cheeses ( I like to use combination of 2 or more cheeses- cheddar, pecorino, fontina)
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Season well with salt; add pasta and cook until al dente ( a little bit undercook)
- Put a pan over medium heat, melt the butter, add olive oil, cracked black pepper. Turn off heat; Add cooked spaghetti and the grated cheeses. Stir really well to coat the pasta, adding some of pasta cooking water to thin the sauce if necessary.
- Drizzle more extra-virgin olive oil ( or truffle -infused oilve oil) at the end as a finishing touch. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy 🙂