I just made this today, Valentine’s Eve. I was looking for a baked cheese tart recipe that I could try like those of Kumori but I ended up making these really simple baked cheese tart.
I like it because it’s very easy and so uncomplicated. The filling is simply soft cheese, either Brie or Camembert topped with fruit preserve like strawberries, apricot etc.. (your choice) how easy is that??
And to make it easier, you may use phyllo pastry or puffed pastry dough. But I like to make my own sweet pastry crust.
So, without further ado…
combine flour, sugar, salt then add diced butter
cut butter into flour. I just did it using my fingers…who needs a food processor, huh?!? 😉
knead the dough lightly using palm of your hands on a clean surface
Fast forward to this: let the dough rest for about half an hour then divide it and put into mini tart tins or mini muffin pan. Add the cheese and fruit preserve.
Bake for about 12 minutes. Enjoy! 🙂
Mini Cheese Tart
- Flour Sifter
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Personal Fridge
- Range Oven
- Cookie Cutter
- Cooling Rack
FOR THE CRUST:
- 180 grams All Purpose Flour
- 20 grams Cornstarch
- 80 grams Caster Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 90 grams Unsalted Butter cold and diced
- 1 pc Egg
FOR THE FEELING:
- Camembert Cheese
- Strawberry Preserve
FOR THE CRUST:
- Sift the flours and place in a food processor.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Pulse a few times.
- Add the cold butter.
- Briefly pulse 5 to 6 times until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- If you don’t have a food processor, rub the butter into the flour mixture with your finger tips.
- Move quickly, otherwise the butter will melt.
- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the egg.
- Use your palm to lightly knead it into a dough on a clean surface.
- Don’t over-knead it though, as you don’t want your tart crust to turn tough.
- Form the dough into a disc and wrap with cling film.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Sprinkle some flour on the surface and roll pastry out to ½ cm thick.
- Cut out the pastry and line the tart tins.
- Use your thumbs to press evenly, starting from bottom up to the sides.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- OR if you do not have a cookie cutter, do below–works for me 😊
- Roll the dough into log then cut it into 24 pieces and slightly roll each piece into a ball then flatten into a disc that will fit into the mini tart pan hole.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Fill each tart shell with about a teaspoon of Brie or Camembert cheese then top with fruit preserve.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before transferring tart to cooling rack.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Have a nice day! God Bless.